Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Breaking my Heart

A song has been reverberating in me.

Or rather, a phrase "Break my heart for what breaks Yours...."

Then I was given a list. It was entitled "Am I a Proud or Broken Person?"

There were checklists about attitudes. Attitudes to self, others, etc.

I found myself checking myself on the list.

And left wanting.

Take for instance

ATTITUDE about THEMSELVES

PROUD PEOPLE feel confident in how much they know
BROKEN PEOPLE are humbled by how very much they have to learn

PROUD PEOPLE are self-conscious; they worry about what others think of them
BROKEN PEOPLE are not preoccupied with what others think of them.

PROUD PEOPLE are concerned about appearing respectable; they are driven to protect their image and reputation.
BROKEN PEOPLE are concerned with being real; they care less about what others think than about what God knows – they are willing to die to their own reputation

PROUD PEOPLE can’t bear to fail or for anyone to think they are less than perfect. This can drive them to extremes – workaholic tendencies, perfectionism, and the tendency to drive to drive others or to place unrealistic expectations on themselves or others.
BROKEN PEOPLE can recognize and live within God-given limitations

So yes, I try to sing the next line, "Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause"

No comments: