Monday, July 25, 2011

The God of More Than

Can it be that more than half the year has already gone? Certainly the past one month has been eventful. The most significant was the development of pain in my knee. It was hard to walk and on some days, the entire right leg swelled up beyond recognition!

I got myself a knee guard.
But what really helped was having Arrow #1 back home for holidays and he put to good use what physiotherapy he had learned (He's second of a four-year degree course) I learned some pretty good exercises which strengthened the area around my knee. I also trimmed up, got good cardio workout and felt overall much better.

So good that I went for the 7K Charity Run!
Yes, I did the entire 7K, unlike some folks who took shortcuts! Of course the next day was pretty bad.... but inside me I felt good! Haha!

Then the next significant thing was the second event in the church's 10th anniversary celebrations. (The Run was the first of three)

We had a banquet!
It was a pretty grand affair - 99 tables in a 5-star hotel.

But the heart of the church remains with the special, the torn, the oppressed, the poor (called the STOP people)

So the ultimate celebration will take place this weekend, where in one morning, everything we give will go towards specific projects/organizations. Each year (except for the 7th) the elders set a target and inform the church. Each year (except for the 7th because it was taken from savings instead, giving the church a rest) the church has given in one morning, by God's grace, amounts that exceeded the set target. Called the Anniversary Gift Day, this is our past record. Blue is the target. Green is the actual.
So what is our target this year?

More than a million... Because He is the God of the more than...

No comments: