Monday, January 19, 2015

Restoration!

"And we know that all things work together for good 

to those who love God, 

to those who are called according to His purpose" 

Romans 8:28


It's been some time now that I have not been able to enjoy the sound of my Ovation guitar without a dreadful rattle which didnt seem to be fixable.

I sent it for repairs and the rattle could still be heard. 

One day, my heart sank further when I picked it up and heard a dreadful clang - the entire sound control panel had fallen off! It fell right into the body of the guitar!
For months I let it be. I was too busy, and I was at a loss as to where I should send it. Was it worth fixing in the first case?? 

Then just before Christmas I decided I would do something about it. I felt I should pass it to someone I knew. His family owned a shop selling musical equipment but I sensed they could repair it. 

Initially my friend said he couldn't help. He would have to ask his father if he could do it. Dad was the sifu. 

So I waited.

And waited. 

Then I was told it could be fixed I was elated!

Then a setback - now that the panel could be mounted back on, the electronics was out. Sigh.

After another wait, I was told yes, they were able to fix everything! So I rushed over as soon as I could.

When I got there, I found there were a few things that still needed tidying up on. So I waited....  
Then, I played it.

It was better than before.

In fact, the rattle had disappeared!!

Another case of ALL things working out for good - the rattle had been caused by the loose bracket which eventually fell off. And now,  it was fixed back on, it was fine!

Praise God!

No comments: