Monday, May 27, 2019

Learning to Obey

I said “No” too quickly before, for another event. This time I agreed, albeit after some hesitation. The topic was one which, as I prepared, I got all excited about. 

On the same morning I was due to speak, I was woken just after dawn with a re-write etched clearly in my mind. Had to be God and not me! I got up, and got it all down on Keynotes as well as PowerPoint in less than an hour. 

I experienced such (unnatural) peace that I didn’t look at it again till it was time to go and upload it on the computer at the speaking venue. Never before!

As I spoke, changes and tweaks came. All I can say is, "God, You are amazing". 

When I ended, it seemed like I ended too early - there was too much time. With hindisght however, it actually turned out to be God-ordained time - the Good News could be shared in the small breakout groups. And such joy! One precious soul accepted the Lord in the small group. Hallelujah! 

No comments: