Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anointing and Character

It was a good meeting. Refreshed in the presence of the Lord, worshiping Him together with others who love Him. In a corner, a new dance came about. Towards the end, a new song emerged. The words came out so easily. The tune was His tune - a new song.

Then, still enjoying the refreshing, still brimming over with His joy, I go to put away the shofar and tambourine.

As I emerge from the room, I meet two dear people. They were looking for me. They wanted some of the anointing, they said, as they reached out to touch me. I was stunned. Never before had I been asked of this.

My response?

I should have done something religious I suppose. I should have said, "Let's pray," grabbed their hands and opened my mouth and hold a prayer meeting after the prayer meeting there and then.

Instead, I did something totally shallow.

I did something which probably hurt.

I laughed.

I laughed and jabbered on.

And on.

Later, when I got home, I felt really bad.

So there was anointing. The Lord gave for the blessing of His Body. I just happened to be the vessel.

It was obvious - having anointing does not equal having good character.

And last night, I was an example of that.

O Lord, TUTOR ME.

No comments: