Monday, July 6, 2009

Just A Phone Call Away

I received a phone call today. It was most unexpected. I had not heard from this person for a long time.

The call was from a full-time worker friend. He had a moment to spare and thought to phone me. He had heard about what I was now doing and wanted to hear "from the horse's mouth".

"Was it true?" "What happened?" "When?" "Give me more details."

Being a reasonably good friend, I divulged some answers.

It made me think though. We get too busy sometimes to even make a phone call. That is bad. We should never be too busy to spend time with people. Jesus never did. Drop a line. Send an email. Type out an sms. These things don't take much time.

Memo to self.

As for my friend, we made an appointment to meet up, albeit over an important event. It was good to chat.

No comments: