Friday, May 7, 2010

Infertiltiy and Mothers Day

I haven't forgotten how it was. My oldest Arrow is going to turn 21 years old and I have been married for over 27 years. But I have not forgotten the difficult times, the awkward years, the months of disappointment.

I was diagnosed with primary infertility with no known cause. How difficult it was to see one of my best friends being pregnant. In her graciousness she asked me to attend the birth of her baby but I found at that time, it seemed like even looking at her caused me to struggle with emotions I never knew existed within me. To say that I didn't like her for being pregnant when I couldn't is putting it mildly.

These years of being barren, empty and feeling of incomplete helps me to understand and empathize those who go through this. I KNOW how they feel.

Of course, the Lord knows best.

But perhaps that is why He let people like me go through that too. So we can be a little extension of Him here. Especially on a day like this one coming up.

No comments: