Sunday, July 11, 2010

Being Fit

I set it my heart and mind that despite not being fit, I would attempt to complete at 7K Charity Sunset Run. Not that I would run. But at least complete as close to the 77minutes target as possible.

This event was held yesterday. In aid of thalassaemia (see this for more information) it was the first time I had ever tried this.

This is the scene more than half way round the course.
I have to confess to being glad that I was not too far behind the bulk of finishers even though I had started right at the back! Even though I was just outside the 77minute mark by their timing, by my own reckoning, I might have just made it. Next time (did I say "Next time?") I will be more prepared!

At the end of the day, I must say I felt good to have completed it in the manner that I did. I was concerned that my health was not good enough.

But at the back of my mind has been this phrase, "You must be fit for revival" and I expect revival to come soon. First the spiritual, then the physical..... I consider this a prophetic act of sorts!

2 comments:

blogpastor said...

Congratulations on completing your run though just outside the time you set. May it encourage you to set the next challenge and in the process enjoy the health journey.

EADotCom said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I need to work much more..... still trying to work out a more practical, disciplined lifestyle.