Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Unconditional - Then and Now

Some years ago, at our first connect group meeting, we were given paper plates. One one side, we were asked to one thing we were before we knew Jesus. It was easy for me to write. I always felt this way as a child, and well into my teenage and young adult years.....
I had always felt that others were preferred instead of me. The sense of rejection was high and stayed with me even when I accomplished many things, and had much praise. When others were promoted, I took it personally that I wasnt. When others were blessed, I found it hard to rejoice for them. This lie of the enemy, that I was of little worth, that I was never good enoughm influenced many of my relationships and affected many of the things I did. My identity in Christ was stolen... 

That is, until the truth of what Christ has done for me, and how much He loves me began to dawn in me. My Hubby, with his patient and unconditional love, epitomised God's agape love for me. Who else would die for me even when I was so very unworthy? Thankfulness continues to flow as this truth sets me free....  

Indeed, that night, at the group meeting, when asked to write on the reverse of the plate what Jesus had done for me, I could thankfully and truthfully scribe this!
What joy when I wrote those two words down! I felt another level of freedom as I pressed the crayon down harder. Such love! Such liberty!

Ephesians 2:10 New Living Translation (NLT)

10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
And that truth applies till today. Praise God! 

No comments: